I never need a nebulizer (nebuliser) until last month. Recently I have been blessed with a baby girl, now I know how hard it is for parents to take care of kids. You have to keep a constant eye on them and save them from any mishap, especially in the kitchen. You can read our guide on Kitchen Safety For Kids. My little daughter got cold and the doctor recommended to use a nebulizer twice a day. And my search begins here, What is the best nebulizer? What is the best nebulizer for kids? What functionalities and accessories my chosen “best” nebulizer should have? It took some time to decide what nebulizer machine I should buy for my kid. To save you from this hassle, I decided to write a review of different nebulizers and a buying guide.
|1. Portable, Battery/USB operated.|
2. Self-Cleaning Vaporizer
3. Particle Size is <5 um
4. Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces
5. Works as effective humidifier
6. Very Easy to use for kids
|1. Easy To Operate|
2. Best for All Ages
3. Pressure Range of 30-50 psi
4. Shipping Weight: 3.9 pounds
5. Three Year Warranty, USA based customer support and
6. Electrical Requirement 120V/60Hz
|Wave Medical Products|
|1. One Button Operate|
2. Ideal For All Ages
3. Particle Size from 0.5-5 um
4. Shipping Weight: 3.15 pounds
5. Two Year Warranty
6. Electrical Requirement: 120V/60Hz, 1.3A
|1. Easy to Use|
2. Ideal for Kids and Adults
3. Particle Size from 0.5-10 um
4. Operating Pressure: 8-17 psi
5. Shipping Weight: 3.52 pounds
6. One Year Warranty
7. Electrical Requirement: 120V/60Hz
|1. Live USA based support|
2. Best for Kids
3. Designed for Continuous Use
4. Shipping Weight: 4.1 pounds
5. Three Year Warranty
6. Electrical Requirement: 120V/60Hz
|Wave Medical Products|
Complete Review Of Nebulisers for Kids
1. Portable Mini Handheld Nebulizer For Kids
As the name represents, this is a portable, handled battery/USB operated nebulizer by GOZYE. It is easy to operate and use, even kids can use it easily. If you require a small handheld portable nebulizer. You can even use your power bank to run this nebulizer. This one is the best pick for you. It comes with a standard USB cable and you don’t have to pack extra cables or wires to travel with. Its compact size makes it easy to use and travel with. You can even keep it in the gloves section of your car. Easy to assemble and disassemble for cleaning purposes.
- Portable / Handheld.
- Easy to use with kids.
- Battery Operated or you can use a USB cable to operate it.
- It comes with all accessories for kids and adults.
- Easy to carry and can be carried to school or wherever you travel. (Comes with a carry pouch).
- Makes less noise than normal nebulizers, makes a noise of less than 25 dB.
- Not a heavy-duty nebulizer.
- Low Pressure, not fit for longer durations as you have to hold it to your mouth.
- According to some reviews on Amazon, quality isn’t that good.
2. Compact Cool Mist Compressor System For Kids and Adults
Wave Medical Products have a range of Medical Equipment available. They are known for their good quality medical products. The same goes for this nebulizer by Wave Medical Products, a good quality nebulizer for kids and adults. Though it’s big compared to that portable nebulizer, it’s more powerful and serves its purpose very well. This is surely one of the best nebulizers for kids as well as for adults.
- Easy to use.
- Suitable for kids and adults.
- High Performance operating pressure range of 30-50 psi.
- Have a thermal heat sink inside, which allows you to run it for longer periods.
- USA based customer support and comes with a warranty of 3 years.
- It comes with a travel bag.
- Have rubber feet to minimize vibrations.
- No Negative Reviews
3. FIGERM Upgraded Nebulizer for Adults and Kids.
This nebulizer is a quality product of FIGERM. This nebulizer has a small and powerful unit and is suitable to travel with. It comes with basic accessories (air hose and two masks). Its compact size makes it easy to use and portable. Works with 120 V/60 Hz power supply and take 1.3 Amperes of current.
- Easy to operate.
- Compact size / Portable.
- A good nebulizer for kids and adults.
- 2 Year warranty.
- A long cord makes it easier to use.
- Take approx. 15 minutes to dispense 3oz of saline solution.
4. Tediver Nebulizer for Kids
A compact and quality nebulizer from Tediver. Its lightweight and compact size make this nebulizer portable and easy to use. This nebulizer is latex-free and easy to clean. Here are some pros and cons of this nebulizer:
- One button operates.
- Easy to carry / portable.
- Ideal for kids and adults.
- 1 Year manufacturer warranty.
- FDA approved.
- It comes with a bunch of attachments. Three interchangeable jet caps, 5 replacement filters, etc.
- Easily heat up
- Not suitable for longer durations
5. Pediatric Nebulizer – Peter The Puppy
Again a quality product by Wave Medical Products. This cute puppy shaped nebulizer is specially crafted for kids. This easy to use and easy to clean nebulizer for kids is designed to work for longer durations. Usually, kids argue while having any kind of treatment, but this cute little puppy shaped nebulizer divert the attention of kids and there will be less arguing. Here are some pros and cons of this nebulizer for kids.
- Heavy Duty / Designed for continuous use.
- Child-Friendly, Cute Peter the Puppy attracts kids.
- USA based customer support / 3 years warranty.
- No Negative Reviews